To support our students as they grow into enthusiastic and successful learners, it is important that the professional teaching and ancillary staff, parents/carers, and general community work together to provide:
- small class sizes
- a relevant and structured curriculum
- targeted teaching which supports and challenges
- abundant, quality resources
- emphasis on personal growth
- comprehensive programs/policies for homework, computers, and other special programs to develop responsibility and leadership
- a Junior School Council where children are involved in decisions which involve the whole school
- a broad specialist program – Art, Drama, Music, Science, Information Technology; Greek language
- a bi-annual school musical production for all students alternating with a bi-annual "Arts Week" celebration
- a camping and environmental education program
- excursions when they will enhance your child's learning
- commitment to the local community
- opportunities for parents/carers and other members of the community to contribute their time and talents for our students
- all of this and more for an enriched school life
Information Nights are held to explain our School Charter priorities, and other community evenings are held for socialising or for special events such as Family Science (FASPA).
Yarra Primary is a school that cares as much as you do – we care about each student's education and personal development so that they grow with a love for:
- contributing their talents
- living harmoniously with others
- being who they are as valuable people in the world.
Finbar Neighbourhood House
Our sense of community is strong and the school has strong ties with Finbar Neighbourhood House. Positioned on the corner of the school grounds, the House also has a productive garden which is maintained by students from the school.
Finbar Neighbourhood House is a meeting place with a range of educational and social activities aimed at all ages and abilities.
To see the range of programs and activities, visit the Finbar Neighbourhood House website.